Well, I ran into a bit of a problem this morning. I started up Visual Studio 2017 and tried to create a new Xamarin Forms Project targeting Android, iOS and UWP. However, all that happened was a solution file being created, none of the actual projects were created.
Well, that’s not what I want! I did some digging and it seems like during one of my Visual Studio 2017 updates, the Android SDK was removed and not updated. I fired up the Visual Studio installer and installed the latest SDK’s.
Started up Visual Studio again and … success! A new Xamarin Forms project was successfully created. Too bad I didn’t think to try creating a new project targeting just iOS and UWP: perhaps that would have pointed to the Android SDK being the problem quicker.
Hope this helps someone else.